Preston Vocational Centre (PVC) delivers the highest quality training and wrap around pastoral support to enable young people and adults to gain skills and confidence for building a positive future. Our Centre ethos promotes a secure, supportive and positive environment which gives everyone a sense of feeling respected and valued.
- In 2018/2019 PVC engaged with 425 beneficiaries.
- PVC supported 245 school learners from 27 schools across Lancashire that includes BESD, SEND and mainstream schools.
- PVC also supported 180 individuals who are not in employment, education, or training (NEET), on heritage training, unemployed, having-a- go at Construction, volunteering or attending a work placement.
- PVC were delighted to raise £21,188 through the Big Give Christmas Challenge which enabled 115 of beneficiaries to engage on courses, have-a -go days and community projects through our Festival of Building Skills 2019.
PVC celebrated their 11th birthday and over 6,000 young people who have benefitted from the Centre since they opened in 2009.
- PVC signed the Mental Health Charter and appointed a Mental Health First Aider to identify and support mental health within the Centre. As a team, they have raised £122 for Young Minds and £885 through The Big Sleep Out in support of Preston’s Homeless Community.