Preston Vocational Centre (PVC) delivers the highest quality training and wrap around pastoral support to enable young people and adults to gain skills and confidence for building a positive future. Our Centre ethos promotes a secure, supportive and positive environment which gives everyone a sense of feeling respected and valued.
Over the years PVC has been involved in multiple community based projects, developed and expanded the courses we offer and supported over 6,000 learners with training and securing employment. We work collaboratively with the local community to give something back and deliver upon our strong social value principles. As a small, not for profit charity, funded by schools income, grant funding and kind donations, we operate as efficiently as we can.
We have celebrated many achievements over the years, including:
- Winning the Be Inspired Business Awards (BIBAs) for ‘The Educational Establishment of the Year' 2021
- Winning the Red Rose Award for Non-Profit Charity (2020)
- Winning the Selnet Social Enterprise of the Year Award (2019)
- Winning Social Enterprise of the Year Award (2018)
- Finalists in the Be Inspired Business Awards (2017, 2018 and 2019)
Each year our greatest achievement is seeing the difference the Centre makes to the life prospects of young people. We love seeing young people come through our door with little to no confidence and transforming into confident, thriving individuals after learning construction skills.
Finalist of BBC's Lancashire Community Hero Award 2019